Thursday, November 24, 2011

crepeful for crepes.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
[at least all you americans.]
Today is my favorite holiday ever. And I missed the best part of the tradition. Being home with my entire family, eating my heart out on all the stuffing I can get my hands on.
Instead;
I dressed up like a french person and romped the streets of paris taking tourist pictures and filling up on crepes.
I guess twelve of us went together today.
12 perfect frenchies.
striped shirts, berets,&mustaches.
We had a little paris class then headed out, starting at a carrousel by hotel de ville, where we go to school every single day. They have carrousels everywhere in paris, and this was my first time getting on one, baguette in hand.
We hit up all the main sites.
  • Hotel de Ville
  • Notre Dame
  • Love Lock bridge
  • Eiffel tower
  • Arc du Triomphe
  • Louvre
I might be forgetting something.
For dinner we had to have traditional french food while we were dressed the part, obviously.
We went to a real life creperie. as opposed to fake life.
I loooove crepes, and crepes as a meal? I couldn't ask for anything better.
I've been to creperies here, but my french teacher &Daryl both suggested Montparnasse for real crepes. So we tried it! We went to Creperie Josseline. A verrry cute place, packed with frenchies enjoying their killer pancakes.
We ate our crepes, held hands, and went around saying everything we are grateful for. We went around the circle many times.
I LOVE this group of girls, every single one of them! I can't believe I'm actually leaving soon. It will be so different not to be with everybody everyday anymore, since the past three months have its been impossible not to see all these girls. I really am so lucky and sooo grateful for this entire experience and I know it would not be the same without the people here.
iloveparis&ialwayswill. But five days and I'M COMING HOME!
spinach, bacon, egg, &creme round one.{thanksgiving feast}

No comments:

Post a Comment