Sunday, November 6, 2011

passport out of paris

day one:



I just had the best weekend ever.
It's called LONDON, england.
[I literally took over 1-thousand pictures.]
And I've been practicing using my camera on manual so.. disclaimer; a lot of my pictures are blurry. So excuse the unnormal shakyness.
But I'll be back in two days and be able to get some re-do's.

I'm in love with london. Every single part of it. And I could not get enough. It is a complleeetely different atmosphere than paris. Everyone, from the very beginning when we got our passports checked, is So incredibly nice, &funny. and they speak english. Which is a +plus, except for when you still can't understand what they're trying to say to you even though they literally are speaking my first language.
From the moment I got there I fell in loooove. It was just so fun and lively and exciting. Just a completely different vibe than there is in Paris. [which I still love, don't worry]

We booked a hostel in hammersmith. Weren't really sure what we were getting into, but just hoping it was accommodating. Turns out it was connected to a bar/restaurant/hottest club in town at night. It was way nice, and not at all what I expected a hostel to be like. We lucked out.
Me, Annie, Maddie, Kelly and Riley took the eurostar train through the english chunnel thursday night. HOW exciting?! It was really cool
We got in, checked into our hostel and were directed by them to the best authentic fish and chips just right around the corner.
It didn't take us very long to find our hot british men.
one word:Twins.
Out to dinner with their mother. The perfect family men. So obvs we got some great boystalking pics.I've never had fish and chips, and I have no idea why. . they were the best thing on this planet. AHmazing. Ours were huge, and I ate every bit of it, youknowme. I wanted fish and chips everynight.
After, we took the tube out to piccadilly circus. It was thriving. Some street performers were out and there were tons of people everywhere so it was way fun.

{classic}



{this theater sign said Herbert on it}

London has tons of bridges. over the Thames river. Theres so many, and I love them all. We walked across this one first, and got some good glimpses of the London eye lit up beautifully.
Also some big ben in there.Of course it started raining. But that didn't stop our fun. We all had umbrellas and walked around with them out the rest of the night. We were really cute.
I wore rainboot the entire weekend too. It really only rained the first night, the most. It misted a couple other times, but not bad at all. That was a relief.{theres benny in the background.}

We did lots of city night walking, which I loved. Everything lit up and sooo much fun. We walked to Buckingham Palace and by Hyde Park and then down to the arc du triomphe replica I swear.. I thought we were back in Paris.. which I didn't even want to think about because of my new found love of the most beautiful city on this planet.
After romping around through the night we headed back to our hostel and met up with Anna and Michelle who had flown. And turns out the hostel didn't charge them to stay and said we had already taken care of it, so they charged us 140 pounds less than they were supposed to. We did NOT complain. London is sooo freakin' expensive.

I couldn't sleep after seeing all of london for those couple hours, I was so excited! We were split between two different rooms at the hostel, and the room that me, kelly, annie and riley were in had four other girls who were all sleeping when we came back. But naturally, we are loud people, we can't help it; were American, and were girls.
I guess we were just a little bit too loud while we were all in our bunks talking across the room, a voice from the darkness got snappy at us and told us to be quiet. Whoops, goodnight london.


cheers.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment