Wednesday, October 19, 2011

celebrity in Paris.

The day started off like any other, tuesday; Daryl's class at 9:30. I have been so stressed out over how short a time I have here in Paris/europe. It's just been hitting me since I've actually written out the days I have left. ShoCKiNg.
So I've been trying really hard to plan my days out and get them set in stone so that I do all the things I want to.
Daryl told us that we needed to visit two parks for class before thursday, so I wanted to get that done and go tuesday. Done. Check, thats the plan.
I went with Leslie, Tiffany, Kristine and Annie.
First stop;
Soo so so beautiful! Trees everywhere.
At first we only walked around a small part that took us in a circle and we were not impressed, then we walked further in and it was awesome. The other girls had class later and had to run to the second park pretty quick but me and tiff were done for the day so we decided to stick around. So glad we did.
We got to explore the whole park. We walked down to this little tower thing that had an amazing view of Paris and especially the Sacre Coeur. It was amazing up there.

There was a waterfall that emptied out into this cave. It was so pretty! And just out of nowhere. You do not see these sort of things just walking around paris on the reg. I loved it. And I also look super tall in this picture. Tall standing next to a waterfall? Crepes must make you grow ;)
We walked to the second park after this; Parc de Villette, and it had started to rain so we just took a quick glimpse then ran down into the metro/dryness.


Next on my list was a toy store. I've been doing pretty well at knowing what I'm planning on getting everyone for christmas/souvenirs so I was trying to get on top of that for my niece, future nephew, and other future niece/nephew. The Herbert family is growing! So I googled some toy stores in Paris and this one looked most promising. It said it was like the biggest/oldest toy store in Paris. Naturally, I was stoked to go.
Au Nain Bleu Paris
I mapped it out, knew how to get there.. we find the place and it is currently "Traveaux en Cours." - Work in progress.
Seriously? I was so disappointed. Now my whole day was screwed up.
...and thank goodness.
We wanted to go to Angelina to get some hot chocolate because it was frigid and my mom has been gafing about me getting a chocolate eclair there. I gave in and finally bought one.
As we were walking there, on rue du rivoli, right across from the tuileries we were just window shopping and finding fun stuff. Passed a D&G for kids. Definitely not going to the toy store anymore.. just getting this outfit instead, I'm sure I can afford it.
I always find money on the ground. I stopped to pick up a 2 centimes piece and we didn't make it to go across the crosswalk. So were standing there waiting, and tiff is looking over and says,
"Is that.. Sarah.. Jessica.. Par...ker?"
We both look together more closely..
"It iS! ThAT is SARAH JESSICA PARKER!"
We started freaking out. She was totally sitting in a black mercedes with a driver and another girl in the back seat with her. She was smoking a cigarette and blowing the smoke out the window so she had her window down and her sunglasses off. As we were looking she pulled out her glasses and put them on. We totally saw her entire face though. I was flipping out, and it was raining so my camera was in my pocket, zipped up, but I quickly reached my hand in and snapped when I could..


And that my friends, is the back of Sarah Jessica Parker's head. I promise; it was her. And I got her license plate number so I'm on the search.
We went into Angelina's right after, because its across the street. I got my stuff and the guy was fun and cute so we were talking with him and trying to speak in french. He was talking about Justin Bieber with one of the other workers and we were laughing and he says;
"I'm not Justin Bieber."
And I said,
"Je sais.." - I know.
And then we asked if he knew who SJP was and he said YEs! So we told him our story, then he started saying that they saw or had someone in there the morning before. And we couldn't understand who he was saying! He kept describing though adn saying other things. We asked if the person was french and he said no american, so we asked him to spell it and he goes "U..m..a.." and then we knew. Uma Thurman! Poor french accent, was not saying it any way recognizable. So anyways, shes in Paris apparently as well.
We went and staked out the Ritz afterwards. Because obviously SJP is staying there. She has the money, and drove out of this plaza. We don't need to be detectives to know the obvious, but we certainly acted like detectives in figuring out and piecing together all the exact actions she took before we saw her.
Definitely coming back to people watch here, I love it.
Right next to Chanel..
Me and tiff went into the Tuileries so I could FINALLY enjoy my eclair. I got a chocolate eclair and a macaron mont blanc - vanilla, caramel, and chocolate. SCORE. And all of it was d.licious.
Such a good day. ANd its funny, a lot of my most exciting/eventful moments usually happen with tiffany. I guess I'll keep her around for a while. . ;) just kidding.



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment