Wednesday, October 26, 2011

you are so raaandom.

I have been in such a weird mood lately. Not wanting to do aNYthing really. I have long lists of all the things I need to get done/see in Paris while I'm only here for FIVE more weeks, but lately -this week - I have felt like such a frump. Yesterday all I wanted to do was come home after class and watch angus, thongs, and perfect snogging. {which I did do,later}
I've been so bad at keeping up my blog perfectly, and my own journal writing. I just pretty much have been going with the flow day to day and by the next week its hard to remember what I even did and I don't have it written down!
Goal: spend less time on facebook.
Goal: write in my journal every night
Goal: take tacky pictures at the eiffel tower.
I've been here basically two months and still have not done all the possible touristy attractions. Yeah I've been everywhere, but still haven't done everything. And how do you? Paris is so exciting alright?!
So this week I've basically just been romping.
Monday I had french class, then religion right after. We had a test in both classes, and we'll see exactly how well those went.. After religion me and annie wandered around tuileries/place de vendome. We went to our fav place smooth n' cake for the best smoothies ever. Then wanted to celebrity watch for a bit so we sat outside the Ritz stalkin' while looking through this guidebook my gardener at the apartments I live at gave me and my roommate. Its supposed to be the "secrets of Paris" its way awesome, so we found some cool stuff to go to.

Then Annie went home and I went to the tuileries to that cute fountain with the boys and boats. I sat there for about an hour studying french and just relaxing. I love sitting in there, its so peaceful and I love people watching.




I went to fhe from there, where two of the girls from the group; amber &ally, gave the lesson and in french! It was so good, and hilarious because there were so many people there, french, chinese, americans, and spanish. So we learned in every language.
Tuesday was yesterday.
We had Daryl's class then once again I was not in the mood for anything. We got some bakery food and romped our way to the monop' by the pompido where we met riley and maddie. We checked out some stationary stores then planned on going to the rodin museum.


The weather has been so bi-polar. Its hot, then cold, then whoevenknows. You usually have to bring a jacket --just in case. Me and riley were complaining about having to carry around our jackets when its so dang hot outside, which it was, and then five seconds later we walk out of the metro to rain.. random rain, on our way to the museum. We pull out our umbrellas and hike up the stairs, to INSANITY.

NOT rain, HAIL. It was straight hailing all over us. Maddie's umbrella like immediately flipped inside out and we were all screaming, getting drenched, it was hilarious. So we trudged back down into the metro, along with the rest of the world.
And that was a big loss, so we went shopping instead.
I took a whole long video of all the rain/hail/tsunami outside and everybody drenched and crowded in the metro.. but I guess I only thought I pushed record and accidentally just pushed it at the end.. so nothing happened. Really bummed about that.

Today, class was cancelled so we planned on going to this chouette art exhibit called 104 or something. We all met up this morning and found our way there. . where it was closed until 12. So we walked down the street for hot chocolate and pain au chocolate. &some more games to pass the time.


Then went back to the exhibit and to the ticket office where the guy told us the exhibit doesn't open until two. Thats too long,.. So we left in hopes of going back later.
We met up with riley and anna around les halles and went to a craft store. Then a couple more.


{amber, riley, maddie, me, annie}
Then finally to montmarte. <--- love
First we had to check out this salad place my mom told me about where their specialty is garlic potatoes ON your salad. If you know me, you know I <3 potatoes, in any form. So this I was way stoked for.
The other girls shared and I got my own. Which was very large. And I ate all of it.

Even now I am so full, and whatever my lady made for dinner smells like tomato sauce and garbage so I don't really want to eat it anyways.. so I think dinners' gonna be a no go tonight. After we just walked around all the shops and boutiques. All the stuff that was waaay too expensive for us. But its still fun to look, and we do it every time. How can you resist?
{he's a fav.}

We found a cupcake place called Miss Cupcake, and they had PUMPKIN cupcakes. We didn't really know the french liked/made pumpkin flavored things {a total fall favorite flavor} so we've been sups worried about that, and a can of pumpkin stuff here is way expensive. So when we found the pumpkin cupcakes we were sooo excited! ANd they were deeelicious. I mean, way way waaaay good. I was in heaven. Once again.







We made our way to the sacre coeur, sat and listened to a french man sing lots of songs with his guitar and microphone, I love that. I think my favorite part of paris is all the street performers and art. Its my favorite thing when a man with an accordian gets on the same metro car as me, I get so excited.
Took some classy pictures, had some laughs, loved each other, and went home.
And now I'm debating whether to watch modern family or angus thongs again? SUuCh a hard decision.


{aren't we just the funnest?}
{I know, I have gorgeous friends.}






<3

No comments:

Post a Comment