Monday, October 31, 2011

happy halloween?

Turns out halloween is not that big in Paris. Kind of a disappointment, but the day was still fun for us americans.
I started off the day with french class, where we decorated our lunches as pumpkins. Since we didn't get to carve real pumpkins because they are no where to be found here.
After that we headed over to a park to meet up with some of the other girls to go into the menagerie, which is like a zoo. I guess menagerie means collection.. I had fun with that word today.
It wasn't free, and none of us [okay mainly me] like animals THAT much to care about going inside. So we just walked around the park then went to find some crepes for lunch.
Stop right here. Do not laugh at me when I tell you how much I ate today.
Mind you I was starving, I eat toast for breakfast everyday - give me a break.
I couldn't resist..
  • I got a gauffre, [like a waffle] with sugar and caramel sauce on top {SO MESSY}
  • A beignet [like a donut] with sugar
  • And last but CERTAINLY not least, un crepe avec speculoos.
This was the first place that I have been to that has speculoos as an option for crepes. I was soo excited and I had already ordered my other two things so I waited until I finished eating then went back with amber who got some ice cream too. Were in Paris, why not.Afterwards, we walked all that off for about three miles to pere lachaise, the cemetery near bastille that has TONS of graves, and lots of famous people. SpookY for halloween right?
It was way fun. It was me, Maddie, Amber, Tiff, Whitney, Hailey, and Annie met us there. We just walked around and found all the graves we wanted to see.
  • Oscar Wilde
  • James Morrison
  • Gertrud Stein
  • Chopin
  • Haussman
  • Seurlat
  • Edith Piaf
  • Gericault
And probably more..
Lets just pretend I know exactly who all of these people are. No I do/have learned them from visiting the cemetery, this was my second time. So we mapped out the plan and headed out.
Obviously I was a cat for halloween. I told Amber to pretend with me, she has no idea what cats are. hahhah love her.Scary but still flirty, thats what we were going for. Gotta stay classy
Fall is our favorite thing on this earth. Okay maybe I'm just obsessed with all these colorful leaves I have never seen in my lifffeee so much.
Meet Gabriel.
We picked up a tour guide around Chopin. He walked up to us speaking french, then to english and asked us everything then told us about the cemetery and how there are so many famous people in it. He then proceeded to show us everyone and everything in that place. It took a very long time.
So much fun though.
And if we were getting scammed what the heck.
We didn't ever give him any money, and maybe he was just a super nice guy? I still have all of my important belongings. So everything is good.

I love this picture. Wasn't captured at the right moment when we were both actually posing, but still so perfect. Classic.This is Annie, always.
You could see the eiffel tower!
Here you go dad. James Morrison. There was a huge crowd around, and also not a good spot to take a picture, but here it is. My dad got really excited talking about this famous singer. He may have even sung and danced a little bit. It was great.
Without a doubt this is my absolute favorite picture from the whole day. Maddie with bloddy Baron. Okay not really, we just pretended.
{skulls}We went to the Lee's apartment afterwards to get money to recharge our navigo passes. Thats Paris speak for metro pass. The boys were put in charge. Look at little cyrus. He never smiles. At least not around us. And this is just a really great picture hhahaha.Twinzies!
And we ended the night at fhe with hot chocolate, a lesson in half french half english, do you love your neighbor, madeline's, popcorn, and candy that we supplied.
Happy halloween everyone! Hopefully you see a lot more excitement than we did here in Paris. I saw two little kids dressed up, the entire day. Sad.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment